A 11-year-old girl died while her grandmother and five cousins were found unconscious while sleeping HCM City, according to local police who said that they might have been suffocated by a power generator.
The victims are treated in hospital
Police in Thu Duc District announced on June 12 evening that the accident occurred at the house of Le Van Muoi Hai, 65, and his wife Tran Thi Phung, 61 on Lane 43 in Hiep Binh Phuoc Ward.
According to the police report, Hai left the house for a coffee shop early on Wednesday morning when his wife and their six grandsons and granddaughters were still sleeping.
He returned home two times and called in but no one came to open the door for him. The third time he returned home at 1 pm and made louder calls and a grandson came out looking extremely tired and could not speak.
Hai rushed in to find that his wife and the children were unconscious on their beds. He called for help to bring them to hospital, the report said.
"Initial investigations showed that the victims might have been suffocated by gas from a power generator," police said.
"Hai said that they were in a difficult financial situation and didn't pay the electricity bills so they had no power. The family borrowed a diesel(? Not sure oil is correct) power generator. And the generator was working when the accident happened.'
Police are still further investigating the accident. Dtinews