The building of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ headquarters in Hanoi is presented a certificate of national relics on August 26.
![]() The building, known as having a hundred of clay-tiled pitched roofs is situated in Ton That Dam Street at Chu Van An - Dien Bien Phu crossroads. ![]() It used to be the HQs of the Indochina Ministry of Finance and has become the HQs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as from October 3, 1945. ![]() The building was designed by French architect Ernest Hebrard in 1924. Its construction work began in 1925 and completed in 1928. ![]() As other buildings he designed, it bears his distinct Indochine Style, which blended Eastern and Western traditions. ![]() Twelve Foreign Ministers have worked and received many high-ranking delegations and important politicians there. ![]() ![]() The architecture harmonizes with the surrounding scenery and tropical climate. ![]() ![]() A hand-over ceremony for the national relics certificate is held at 4.50pm on August 26. |
VNE/VOV








