VietNamNet Bridge – Issuance of land-use right certificates topped the "dissatisfaction" list of public administrative services in HCM City, followed by healthcare services, according to the HCM City People's Committee.
Last year, the city's Institute for Development Studies conducted the Satisfaction Index of Public Administrative Services by polling 1,500 households and 350 enterprises.— Photio thutuchanhchinh
Last year, the city's Institute for Development Studies conducted the Satisfaction Index of Public Administrative Services by polling 1,500 households and 350 enterprises.
Ten categories of public administrative services in the city were examined.
They included pre-school education, clean-water supply, waste collection, construction permits, healthcare, issuance of land-use right certificates, bus services, declaration of individual and corporate income taxes, and business registrations.
The indices showed different levels of citizen satisfaction with public administration services provided by State administrative agencies in HCM City, including "satisfied, neutral and dissatisfied" levels.
Most respondents were satisfied with pre-school education, with 72.1 per cent of participants saying they were satisfied and the remaining 27.9 per cent of polls "neutral".
Clean-water supply and waste collection services received a "satisfactory" response from 65.3 per cent and 61 per cent, respectively, of those who were polled.
Nearly 12 per cent of respondents said they were dissatisfied with the issuance of land-use right certificates, the highest "dissatisfaction" index compared to other services.
That was followed by healthcare services, with 7.5 per cent of respondents saying that they were not satisfied.
At least 5. 7 per cent of respondents said they were dissatisfied with services related to the declaration of individual income tax, followed by construction permits and bus services, with 4.9 per cent and 4.5 per cent, respectively.
Du Phuoc Tan, head of the institute's Urban Management Studies Department, said this was the second time the institute had conducted the survey.
Compared to the first survey conducted in 2008, the satisfaction index on healthcare service decreased while its dissatisfaction index increased, Tan said.
People complained about long waits and time-consuming procedures for health check-ups and treatment as well as the high cost of drugs, he said.
The satisfaction index on bus services also fell slightly compared to the 2008 survey, with most complaints about careless bus drivers and poor attitude of staff, he added.
Construction permits and services for issuance of land-use right certificates saw an increase in the satisfaction index as well as a fall in the dissatisfaction index compared to the previous survey.