VietNamNet Bridge – Song Ma District General Hospital in northern Son La Province received 191 patients suffering from food poisoning from late Monday to Tuesday evening.
A doctor of Song Ma District General Hospital examines a woman - one of 191 people suffering from food poisonning after a wedding party in Song Ma District, Son La Province on Sunday. — VNA/VNS Photo Huu Quyet
The patients fell ill after attending a wedding party in the district on Sunday.
Hoang Lan Phuong, vice director at the hospital, said all the patients had the same symtoms, including diarrhoea, vomiting and fever.
They received water transfusion and their condition was better, Phưuong said, adding no one was critical.
By Tuesday evening, 45 patients were discharged from the hospital.
According to the patients, they were served boiled/grilled beef and pork, alcohol and sticky rice at the wedding.