VietNamNet Bridge – With less than one week away from now the list of registered football players for the 2013 season will be officially finalized. The chance of finding a new club is becoming very fragile with Cong Vinh.
According to initial plans, the deadline for registration of football players for the 2013 season February 16. However, some clubs were unable to sign contracts with players because of funding difficulties so the Vietnam Professional Football JSC (VPF) decided to delay the registration until February 24. Thus, the opportunity for unemployed players to find a new team is only to be measured in days.
Of the hundreds of unemployed players is top striker Cong Vinh.
Some local and foreign clubs said that they wanted to have Cong Vinh but finally, the two sides did not reach an agreement.
At present, Cong Vinh stays at home to take care of his wife, singer Thuy Tien, who just delivered a baby.
Mr. Le Xuan Thong, CEO of the disbanded Hanoi Football Club, says that the club is quite impatient with the case of Cong Vinh. Cong Vinh’s contract with this club is still two years valid, meaning that the disbanded club has to pay a monthly salary to Cong Vinh. Although the wage has decreased significantly, it is still a burden for the club, which is no longer sponsored by banker Nguyen Duc Kien, who was arrested last year for business violations.
"We currently have about 10 players who have not yet found a new club. Among them, Cong Vinh is the biggest case because he earns high salary. Although we have created all the favorable conditions for Cong Vinh to look for a new club but no club is serious in recruiting him," he says.
The Hanoi FC has slashed the transfer price for Cong Vinh from VND18 billion ($900,000) to only VND4 billion in a bid to sell him as quick as possible.
In the latest new, Song Lam Nghe An FC says that it wants to buy Cong Vinh, but at the transfer fee of only VND1 billion.