|More than 130 people, most of them children, who suffered food poisoning after a wedding in the central highlands province of Lam Dong have been released from hospital yesterday. — Photo vov.vn|
In total, 134 people were treated at the province’s Di Linh Healthcare Centre.
Doctor Le Thanh Quang at the centre said 120 of the patients were under the age of 16.
Many of them started showing symptoms of nausea, stomachache, diarrhea and fever after the party at a house in the Di Linh District.
Only one of those who suffered illness remains at the health centre for a condition unrelated to the food poisoning.
According to the local authority, catering was provided by Hoang Vy Cooking Service which they say has been operating without a licence since 2016.
Lam Dong Healthcare Department has taken food samples and is investigating the case, according to Vietnam News Agency.